In recent times, Vitamin C has become a household name for skin care. This is because it has been proven to greatly improve skin texture, making it radiant and attractive. Vitamin C serums are packed with antioxidants and essential substances that keep the skin glowing and smooth. Antioxidants are chemical substances that prevent excessive oxidation or multiplication of free radicals on the skin. Excessive oxidation makes your skin shrink and age prematurely, giving you a rough and unpleasant look. Incorporating vitamin c rich fruits and vegetables in your diet may be great for your health as they boost your immunity.
However, that alone will not give you a smooth and glowing skin like topical vitamin c serum will. ‘Vitamin C serum boosts collagen, protects against free radicals (which will prevent premature aging), fades dark spot, brightens the skin and can even boost your sunscreen protection’, says Dr Maryam Zamani, aesthetic doctor and founder of MZ skin. Vitamin C will also increase the rate at which your body produces its own collagen. According to Cherry Woods, a prominent London facialist, ‘the boost in collagen production will reduce existing wrinkles and support the capillary network too, which is great if you have redness or broken capillaries’. So you see, the benefits of vitamin C to the skin are not mere myth but a proven and authentic way to improve skin texture and tone.
Before now, women were mostly associated with skin care and beauty regimens but now things have changed. I bet you know some men that are just as eager to have a smooth and glowing skin as women. So no matter the gender, we all love to have a radiant skin. If you check out most serum, you will discover that they contain vitamin C. Since most of them contain vitamin C, you will expect them to give the same results. But no! Though most serums contain vitamin C, many of them do not contain high quality and well formulated forms of this essential vitamin. Therefore, it is very important that you go for quality serum to maintain a smooth, glowing skin and get real value for your money.
Some of the best vitamin c serums that will definitely rejuvenate your skin making it smooth and radiant include:
1. Skinceuticals C E Ferulic: If you are a newbie to vitamin C serum, you may not be familiar with this product, but for existing serum users this name definitely rings a bell. This is probably the most effective vitamin C serum based on results and reviews. Though pricey, you will definitely get your money’s worth. This powerful antioxidant serum is a combination of ascorbic acid(source of vitamin C), Vitamin E and Ferulic. It minimizes obvious aging lines and makes your skin brighter. Look out for Ferulic acid when getting a serum as it not only offers strong antioxidant benefits but stabilizes vitamin C, minimizing any risk of irritation.
2. Serumtologie vitamin c: If you are looking for a serum with high vitamin C, this is a good choice. Containing up to 22% vitamin C, this brand offers quick results as more vitamin C equals better and faster results. Sodium ascorbyl phosphate, the most potent ingredient in this serum, makes it stable with lower risk of skin irritation. With a pH of 6.5, it is very suitable for normal skin. Though expensive, it is the serum to go for.
3. Oz naturals: Formulated with strong and potent ingredients that prevent the effects of free radicals by speeding up cellular repair, this serum will improve your skin right from the first try. Suitable for all skin types, it works by increasing your skin’s water retention capacity, thereby keeping it hydrated. Proper hydration is necessary for a healthy and youthful skin. It is best to use a nice moisturizer after applying this serum.
4. Cosmetic skin solution: If you have oily to normal skin, this serum is just for you. It is a good combination of vitamin C and E that works wonders on your skin. Though you may not like its smell, it has a very good rate of absorption which enables the serum work its way into your cells with speed.
5. True skin naturals: Packed with lots of beneficial antioxidants, this serum will improve your entire skin texture. It is very effective in removing dark spots, skin discolorations and wrinkle lines. It further provides your skin with collagen and elastin, giving it a healthy, bright look. With a pH of 6.5, this serum is skin-friendly.
6. Foxbrim: Though affordable, this brand is very effective in boosting skin appearance. With high percentage of vitamin C (20%), it’s no wonder it leaves your skin smooth and glowing. It is odourless, does not cause irritation and suitable for all skin types.
7. Obagi Professional-C serum: This serum protects your skin from excessive oxidation, reduces wrinkles and gives you a brighter complexion. Made with propylene glycol, it penetrates your skin deeply, making it more effective as it reaches the inner parts of your cells and works from the inside. Obagi-c serum also boosts your body’s natural collagen production, resulting in a radiant and glowing skin.
8. Mad Hippie: As a great blend of vitamin C and E, this mild serum gives very strong results. It reduces fine lines and wrinkles, minimizes skin discoloration as it gives you an even tone and makes your skin glow. It is also affordable and gives you even more value for your money.
9. Drunk Elephant: Made with very strong and effective antioxidants, this serum helps your skin retain moisture. As your skin remains hydrated, it shrinks less and there is little chance of wrinkling. This gives you a smooth and glowing skin.
10. Indeed labs serum: As a product with high vitamin c concentration, this serum offers all the benefits of vitamin C. It also contains hyaluronic acid which keeps your skin hydrated and boosts cell regeneration. This is a potent mix against free radicals as it keeps your cells safe from excessive oxidation.
11. Sunday Riley rapid flash: Tight pores give you a smooth look. A combination of vitamin C and saccharides make this serum the best for those with obvious pores. It tightens your pores while brightening your complexion at the same time. It is skin-friendly and a perfect choice of daily vitamin C serum. Your skin will never look anything but smooth and glowing with this serum.