This post on Vital Health Recipes talks about the some of the best plantar fasciitis shoes you might want to try out depending on your health priority and what you are looking for.
Plantar fasciitis is a common injury in athletes. Originating from the heels, it spreads to the feet. This pain around your feet may stop you from engaging in daily exercises or activities for a while. Plantar fasciitis pain may take a while to stop. You have to learn to manage the pain and try to avoid situations that will worsen it. Therefore you are to carefully choose the shoes you wear either to resume your athletic routine, take a hike or engage in regular activities.
Wearing orthotic inserts may help you manage heel pain while running or walking but a pair of good shoes with strong arch support and solid ankle will be more beneficial to you. Choose shoes that support your feet and evenly distribute its weight. The following shoes have been identified by professionals and those suffering from this condition as the best shoes for people with this condition:
1. OOFOS Unisex OOcloog Clog: This shoe cause rebound which push you forward when wearing them. It is comfortable, made with a simple design. Features like impact resistant slip-on clogs, arche friendly grip and easy motion are added advantages of this shoe.
2. Alegria Women’s Paloma Flat: This flat shoe is simple and comfortable designed to roll naturally. It comes with a removable foot bed which enable you insert any orthotic of choice with ease. The outsole gives you a correct posture and gait. The bottom is stable, increasing the surface area in contact with the ground to give you a better balance.
3. Brook’s Adrenaline GTS17: This shoe is a slight improvement from the 2016 model of Brook’s running shoes. The toe box area is wider and more comfortable with a higher heel cushion. Though the 2016 model is very comfortable and great for Plantar fasciitis patients, it is now sold at a cheaper rate and serves as an alternative to those who cannot afford this latest model. It is very durable and worth all the penny you spend on them.
4. Saucony Guide 10: This comfortable shoe gives a good fit and strong anchorage with a smooth cushion. It provides lots of traction making it a good shoe for those suffering from plantar fasciitis. The additional PowerGrid midsole offers a superior impact absorption.
5. Asics GT-2000 5: With an excellent heel clutching system and ComfroDry sock liner to keep your feet warm and dry, this shoe is the perfect running and walking shoe for patients recovering from plantar fasciitis. The anti-microbial sock liner also provides proper cushioning for your feet.
6. Nike Dual Fusion Run 3: This shoe is not just comfortable but simple and light, keeping your feet in place as you move about. The midsole is made of dual density foam offering better cushion for your feet. The toe box is also large enough for proper relaxation of the feet.
7. Brooks Ghost 9: This Brooks model is light with a crash pad that absorbs shock perfectly. With its good arch support it makes the shoe easy to walk in. The toe box is wide, making room for your feet to spread out well.
8. Orthaheel Action Walker for men: Though not light, this shoe is specially built for men with foot problem. It is often recommended for those with plantar fasciitis as it has proven to be durable and comfortable for them. It has a good anchor and supporting heel.
9. Addidas CC Rally Camp Shoes: It is made light with internal support that keeps the feet stable as you move. Though designed to look like a slipper, it still protects the feet well. The extra feature of medium high arch support provides quality cushion for the feet.
10. K-Swiss Grancourt II Tennis Shoe: Made with a midsole of good quality it provides the proper cushioning against shock, reducing the impact on the heel. It comes with a high traction which keeps the feet even on wet pavements, preventing any slip up. The shoe is durable with soles that can last for years.
11. Asics Gel Nimbus 18: This shoe is equipped with a Gel cushioning system that absorbs and redirect any shock directed to your feet. The good guidance trusstic system guide your feet to a neutral position.
12. New Balance M1540 V2: With a small midsole, this shoe protects the wearer against shock. It is suitable for all feet types. It is probably the most comfortable shoes for Plantar fasciitis with very motion control soles.
13. Saucony Kinvara 7: Though narrow, it has great arch support and is very good for long distance walk or run. This light shoe is best for those with very flat feet.
14. Brooks Beast 16: It is a stable shoe that can be used on a daily basis for walking or running on rough faces. It is usually light and stable with a great arch support to prevent collapse when walking.
15. Vionic Orthaheel Walker: This shoe offer support, comfort and stability. Though thick and big with a clunky look, it is very good for people suffering plantar fasciitis. It suits long walks and can be worn for long hours.
16. Brooks Ravenna 8: This shoe has the widest toe box among the Brooks products. The extra cushion offered by the mid sole return and bounce back your feet while walking. The full length segmented pad provides a good transition from toe to heel.
17. Triumph ISO 3: Though light, it offers efficient support and balance the feet appropriately. It is durable and can be used to walk around or engage in slow runs. The toe box is wide enough to accommodate the natural spread of your toes.
18. Asics Gel Exalt: It can be worn the whole day by plantar fasciitis patients without making their condition worse. The shoe reduces any pain felt on the feet with the aid of the built in gel. The carbon rubber sole is durable and can last many years.
19. Brooks Glycerin 14: This shoe cushions the feet well giving a smooth feel. Its groove makes it more flexible. It is best for people with high arch. It is light and can be used to run even in hot seasons.
20. Mizuno Wave Alchemy 12: This super light shoe prevents any feet pain, making it easy to walk in. When used to run, it is fun (because it is very light) thus enhancing your performance as an athlete. The soft and smooth component materials make it friendly to the skin preventing blisters on the midsole. Though not as expensive as top brands, it is of good quality.
Your health priority will determine your choice of shoes.