Now that you have given birth, I know you are eager to lose weight and get back into shape. You cannot wait to return to your slim sexy self. How soon do you want to get back into your workout routines? Not too soon! Medical experts advise that you need a minimum of six weeks for your body to get back into position and be ready for workouts. If it is not six weeks yet, relax and wait till you are fit to get started to avoid unnecessary complications.
In this post, I have outlined a list of helpful exercises to help you lose weight fast after your pregnancy. These workouts are things you can do at home without having to visit the gym. They are effective. You’d only need to spend about 15 minutes daily. You’d be amazed at the results within you’d get within a short time.
Cardio workouts are one of the fastest ways to lose weight. There is more to cardio than burning calories and losing weight, cardio exercises improve heart health, help to manage diabetes, and change the hormonal profile in your body. It doesn’t have to be something intense. Skipping, jogging, jumping jacks, and cycling are common cardiovascular exercises. The best times for cardio workouts are very early in the morning and evening.
2. Weight Lifting
Weight lifting is one of the effective ways to speed up your metabolism and lose weight. And you don’t need to visit the gym to be able to practise weight lifting. Make your baby your dumbell. Hold your baby your chest and do lunges or hold your baby above your chest, lying on your back, and continually press her towards the ceiling for 10-15 minutes. This will help you stay firm and strong.
Kegel exercises, also known as pelvic floor muscle training help to strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor, providing support for the bladder, small intestine, rectum, and uterus. You can do kegel exercises anytime and anywhere. This is one sure way to get back to your pre-pregnancy shape and size.
- Sit on a bench with feet shoulder-width apart, hands on hips.
- Contract your pelvic muscles to seem you’re trying to stop from urinating, and stand.
- Hold Kegel and return to the bench, then release.
- Do 1-3 sets of 10-20 reps.
4. Forearm Plank
Forearm plank is another exercise you can do without leaving the comfort of your home. You don’t need any special equipment or facilities to do it. Forearm plank works for your thighs, butt, obliques, and abs.
- Get into a push-up position, putting your whole weight on your forearms and toes (abs engaged, back straight, forearms on floor, legs extended).
- Hold for 30-60 seconds, maintaining hips up and abs tight.
- Lower knees to the floor, resting for 30 seconds before resuming.
- Complete a rep of 4-5 planks.
5. Bent-Knee Push-Up
This is one of the basic but effective exercises you can do to slowly build and bring your body back into its position. Like all other exercises talked about in this post, the bent-knee push-up exercise can be done anywhere and at any time. It doesn’t require any special procedures. You can do it in your room, sitting room, kitchen, and any other place within the house. It strengthens chest, front shoulders, and triceps.
- Kneel on the floor, knees under hips.
- Your arms straight, move hands onward until wrists are under shoulders and chest forms a straight line from head to hips.
- Tighten your abs.
- Bend your elbows;
- Lower your chest towards the floor until elbows form 90 degree to shoulders.
- Push up to starting position and repeat.
- Do 10–12 reps, 15 per rep.
There you have them, 5 Effective Home Workouts to Help You Lose Weight After Pregnancy. What other home workouts have worked for you while trying to lose weight after childbirth? Share with us in the comments.